Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ano sa English

Muntik nakong mahulog sa kinauupuan ko kagabe by the entrance of the building where I work nung maka-receive ako ng message na “Pre, ano sa english yung pambomba ng inidoro? Txtbk.” Pucha talaga! San nanggaling yun?! initial reaction ko. The message came from one of my dearest friends (a kumpare, in fact) whom I’ve long come to appreciate over years of sad and happy moments that we shared together with the relatively small circle of friends that we have.

Hindi ko alam, pero what probably took me off was how it came as something that’s totally unexpected, pero alam mong smart humor kaya it was hilarious.

Nung tanungin ko kung “Saan naman nanggaling yan?!” Sabi e “may 100 ang unang makahula dito samen e.” Apparently, parang trip trip nilang magkakasambahay. Nung i-text back ko sa kanya kung “sink pump” ba yung sagot, hiniritan pa ako ng “ah, ganun b? kla ko kse toilet bomb eh.” Utangnaloob!

It amazes and saddens me how I can easily get accustomed to the scripts that I need to portray day-in, day-out. Alam mo yung you wake up in the morning, go to work, have some laughs and chats during the day, go home, sleep, only to wake up the next morning and perform the same routine all over again.

I think what my kumpare just made me realize was nangangalawang na ako sa aking sense of humor, and quite possibly on some other aspects of my life.

This poses a challenge to me to break out of my routine and get a different perspective.

I'm keeping in touch with friends as I might just get pleasantly surprised by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment